Exterior Wall Framing
Plan Set Price
Additional Construction Sets $50.00/each
Right-Reading Reverse $150.00
Material List $115.00
Additional copies can be ordered at the time of purchase and within 90 days after your original purchase date.
Exterior Elevations (front, rear, left & right sides) typically include:
- Floor and ceiling heights
- Dimensions of standard windows
- Dimensions of roof overhangs
- Location of all needed flashings
- Height and location of foundation indicated in dashed lines
- Type of finishing and textures
- Dimension and height of chimney
- All exterior and interior dimensions
- Thickness of foundation walls (if variable)
- All the structures needed to hold the first level, columns with load applications, beam sizes, variations in floor joists and their exact location
- Location of stairwell
- Location and sizes of windows
- Location and dimensions of footings (where applicable and required)
Floor plan(s) typically include:
- All interior and exterior dimensions
- Location and sizes of doors and windows
- Types of interior doors that correspond to a schedule
- Indication of the structure above (second floor or roof)
- Location of columns, beams and floor joists, including dimensions
- Indication of details that are available on other pages
- Location of all the different trusses needed
- The general overcharge of the roof compared to the floor footprint underneath
- Location of ridges and valleys
Building cross-section(s) and truss details typically include:
- All the different floor and ceiling heights
- Dimensions and design of trusses
- Dimensions and details of overhand
- Roof pitch on all truss sections
Construction details typically include:
- Roof sections
- Sections of concrete wall with wood connection
- Section of walls with particulars called out
- Section of concrete porch and connection with wood frame
- Foundation particulars in the garage entrance
- Components of certain types of walls (ex: between garage and living quarters)
Typical wall sections typically include;
- All the details and components needed in the construction of a house, including window section in a typical wall, connection between floor and exterior wall with their components, type of beam used.
To help you determine if this plan will fit within your budget, our Cost-to-Build™ report will provide you a location specific Cost-to-Build™, which is based on your zip code. Order a Cost-to-Build™ Report today to get an accurate, location specific construction cost for any house plan on Houseplans.com. It's a great way to budget your project and compare different plans. It's an easy process and one of our expert plan advisors will take you through a comprehensive interview to determine the materials, finishes, fixtures and more to help you know in advance the likely cost to build a new home from Houseplans.com's blueprints.Cost-to-Build Report
Best Price Policy
Some of our plans are also available on other websites and in printed catalogs. We are committed to selling these plans at or below the lowest price available elsewhere. If you find a regularly priced plan (not “on-sale”) for a lower price, we'll beat the advertised price by 5%. We will match the price for any on-sale plans.More details »
All sales on house plans and customization/modifications are final. No refunds or exchanges can be given once your order has started the fulfillment process.
All house plans from Houseplans are designed to conform to the local codes when and where the original house was constructed.
In addition to the house plans you order, you may also need a site plan that shows where the house is going to be located on the property. You might also need beams sized to accommodate roof loads specific to your region. Your home builder can usually help you with this. You may also need a septic design unless your lot is served by a sanitary sewer system. Many areas now have area-specific energy codes that also have to be followed. This normally involves filling out a simple form providing documentation that your house plans are in compliance.
To find out what documents you should expect with your house plans, see what's included?
In some regions, there is a second step you will need to take to insure your house plans are in compliance with local codes. Some areas of North America have very strict engineering requirements. Examples of this would be, but not limited to, earthquake-prone areas of California and the Pacific Coast, hurricane risk areas of the Florida, Gulf & Carolina Coasts. New York, New Jersey, Nevada, and parts of Illinois require review by a local professional as well. If you are building in these areas, it is most likely you will need to hire a state licensed structural engineer to analyze the design and provide additional drawings and calculations required by your building department. If you aren’t sure, building departments typically have a handout they will give you listing all of the items they require to submit for and obtain a building permit.
Additionally, stock plans do not have a professional stamp attached. If your building department requires one, they will only accept a stamp from a professional licensed in the state where you plan to build. In this case, you will need to take your house plans to a local engineer or architect for review and stamping. In addition, plans which are used to construct homes in Nevada are required to be drawn by a licensed Nevada architect.
How much will this cost to build?
This plan can be modified!
Also by This Designer
|2376 sq ft||4 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||45' wide||69' deep|
|1480 sq ft||2 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||40' deep|
|2305 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||66' wide||38' deep|
|2183 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||56' wide||38' deep|
|2992 sq ft||4 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||72' wide||52' deep|
|1852 sq ft||3 bed||1.5 bath|
|2 story||42' wide||36' deep|
|1700 sq ft||3 bed||1.5 bath|
|2 story||30' wide||30' deep|
|1321 sq ft||3 bed||1 bath|
|1 story||36' wide||40' deep|
|1676 sq ft||2 bed||1 bath|
|1 story||54' 8" wide||48' deep|
|1226 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||26' wide||32' deep|