Main Floor Plan
This plan was built and is one of our featured Building Stories. BLOG: Building A Country House - Case Study
This rustic-elegant gable-roofed 3 bedroom 3.5 bath ranch house is all about easy indoor-outdoor living on one level and is inspired by the early modern houses of California architects like William Wurster and Joseph Esherick. A key feature is the generous lanai or summer living room with window walls opening fully to the garden. At the front of the house the great room includes an open kitchen with a two-tiered cooking and buffet island, a dining area in its own window bay, and a dramatic cantilevered hearth for extra seating and display. Additional features include a floating counter and glass-enclosed shower with skylight in the master bath, a sitting area in the master bedroom with access to the garden, walk-in showers in the other two bathrooms, and a laundry and powder room near the living room. Construction is simple and straightforward: the concrete foundation slab is the floor itself; the siding -- which is board and batten over plywood -- is the structural wall panel system.
Photographs by Michele Willson
Exterior Wall Framing
Plan Set Price
Additional Construction Sets $40.00/each
Mirror Reverse Sets $0.00/each
All plans are drawn at ¼” scale or larger and include :
- Foundation Plan: Drawn to 1/4" scale, this page shows all necessary notations and dimensions including support columns, walls and excavated and unexcavated areas.
- Exterior Elevations: A blueprint picture of all four sides showing exterior materials and measurements.
- Floor Plan(s): Detailed plans, drawn to 1/4" scale for each level showing room dimensions, wall partitions, windows, etc. as well as the location of electrical outlets and switches.
- Cross Section: A vertical cutaway view of the house from roof to foundation showing details of framing, construction, flooring and roofing.
- Interior Elevations: Detailed drawings of kitchen cabinet elevations and other elements as required.
Best Price Policy
To find out what documents you should expect with your house plans, see what's included?
How much will this cost to build?
This plan can be modified!