Main Floor Plan
This cabin was designed with the rural lot in mind. It is a small home that maximizes space through an open floor plan and well organized spaces. Its materials and method of construction emphasize durability and energy efficiency. The metal roof, generous overhangs and crawl space foundation will ensure the structure will stand the test of time against the elements. The shell is constructed from R-Control Structural Insulated Panels (SIP’s) which will provide super insulating qualities such that a wood burning stove may be the only required heat source. This design is perfect for a wooded lot, Lake House, summer camp, or any rural lot. Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the outdoors from the spectacular front porch of this charming cabin. A crawl space foundation was chosen for The Cabin to accommodate a rural lot where full basements and slab on grade are often not feasible. Wood windows will hold up well in climates with extreme exposures. Vertical cedar board siding is time tested exterior finish and can be painted any color or left raw to reflect rustic charm. If properly treated and maintained cedar will last many years.
This cabin house plan’s floor plan was developed to be both simple and functional. A large open and continuous area for cooking, living, and dining bring aspects of modern design into this rural setting. The bedroom and bathroom are extremely functional, and the mudroom leading to the outside presents a great place to rest and take off dirty shoes after a long hike, or stiff ski boots after a downhill session.
In keeping with the rustic theme we have chosen a clear finish for the cabinets, windows, doors and interior trim. The kitchen is adequately sized to serve the needs of a large group. The kitchen is open to the dining room, which itself, can open up to the front porch through two double French doors. The high ceiling and exposed structure is the defining element of the interior spaces of The Cabin.
A cozy living room is a great place to spend the evenings. Leave the double French doors open to let in the night air while you enjoy a warm fire in your wood burning stove or while you watch your favorite movies. The open floor plan inspires a communal atmosphere for friends and family.
Exterior Wall Framing
Plan Set Price
Additional Construction Sets $50.00/each
The Single Set and PDF Study Set are typically stamped "Not for Construction" and are to be used for studying / obtaining bids only. We do offer a 90% credit when you upgrade from a Single Set to a 5-Copy set (or greater).
House plans created by Free Green give our customers design options that meet or exceed existing energy standards, while giving options in the realm of cost, style, and environmental commitment. As an example, all Free Green homes are designed to perform 30% to 50% better than prescriptive building code energy performance. The level of home performance depends on the products that you choose.
Each Free Green house plan includes:
- LEED for Homes Rating System: Guidelines to meet LEED for Homes certification levels of: Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. LEED for Homes is a national, voluntary certification system, developed by national experts and experienced builders, that promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes and encourages the adoption of sustainable practices by the homebuilding industry. The LEED for Homes Rating System is part of the suite of nationally recognized LEED Green Building Rating Systems administered by USGBC. Like all LEED Rating Systems, it is the market's leadership system, targeting the top 25% of home building practices in terms of environmental responsibility. LEED provides industry resources and tools on how to "green" any new home. With LEED, homebuilders can differentiate their structures as meeting the highest performance measures, and homebuyers can readily identify high quality green homes. LEED provides national consistency in defining the features of a green home, enables builders anywhere in the country to obtain a green rating on their homes, and assures homebuyers of the quality of their purchases, all based on a recognized national brand. Learn more about the LEED® Rating System here.
- Window shading details: External window shading devices are an effective method for reducing heat gains through windows during Summer. In fact, external shading devices can reduce heat gains by up to 80% if sized and built properly. With this in mind, Free Green has created this page to assist home builders in constructing effective window shading devices. The information we provide includes a zoning map of the United States, zoning charts for proper sizing of shading devices and a variety of shading device styles and materials to suite different tastes and different home designs.
- General Notes: Typically one sheet of general notes pertinent to the construction of the home
- Exterior Elevations: A blueprint picture of all four sides showing exterior materials and measurements.
- Foundation Plan: Drawn to 1/4" scale, this page shows all necessary notations and dimensions including support columns, walls and excavated and unexcavated areas.
- Floor Plan(s): Detailed plans, drawn to 1/4" scale for each level showing room dimensions, wall partitions, windows, etc. as well as the location of electrical outlets and switches.
- Interior Elevations: Detailed drawings of kitchen cabinet elevations and other elements as required.
- Cross Section: A vertical cutaway view of the house from roof to foundation showing details of framing, construction, flooring and roofing.
- Wall sections and other construction details: Detailed drawings showing wall connections, from foundation to the roof. wall connections to foundation, window installation, siding installation, stair details, and more.
- Framing Plans: Drawn to 1/4" scale. The framing layout is intended to be a suggested layout only. Design loads & weather conditions vary by region. As a result the size, spacing & layout of all structural elements in this home design must be approved by a structural engineer and code official based on your specific site location prior to construction.
- Electrical Plan with electrical symbols legend: In general, each house plan set includes an electrical plan which will show the locations of lights, receptacles, switches, etc.
Best Price Policy
To find out what documents you should expect with your house plans, see what's included?
How much will this cost to build?
This plan can be modified!
Also by This Designer
|2115 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||52' wide||34' deep|
|4279 sq ft||4 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||73' 7" wide||44' deep|
|3370 sq ft||4 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||48' wide||48' deep|
|2207 sq ft||4 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||38' wide||45' deep|
|1356 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||72' 5" wide||20' deep|
|1616 sq ft||2 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||50' deep|
|2197 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||62' 3" wide||58' deep|
|891 sq ft||2 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||23' wide||61' deep|
|1630 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||50' wide||44' deep|