- 140 Gladstone Street
- South Melbourne, Victoria Australia
“Leon Meyer Architects focuses on creative and innovative architectural design. A strong contemporary approach is maintained with an emphasis on passive solar, and environmentally responsible design. We maintain a high level of commitment to ensuring that designs are carefully considered, fully resolved, and supported by accurate detailing and comprehensive documentation.”
Based in the cosmopolitan inner suburban area of South Melbourne, Leon Meyer Architects is a small and industrious architectural practice, with a substantial reputation for creating, quality, contemporary, residential architecture in both the metropolitan and rural settings.
The Practice embraces a variety of aesthetic approaches in building form and detail, underpinned by a strong focus on spatial planning and functional design. Quality of light, spatial efficiency and flexibility, are fundamental design principles adhered to and clearly evident in the houses created by the Practice. The emphasis on zoning, spatial flow, sustainability and versatility ensures that buildings designed by Leon Meyer Architects are in significant demand.
The work has won numerous awards within the Building Industry in Australia and the Principal Architect, Leon Meyer, enjoys wide recognition through his reputation for an absolute commitment to consistently achieving the highest quality of Architectural Design.
- WINNER, Plan of the Year in the USA, 2014 Howies Awards from Houseplans.com for the design of "The Encore"
- WINNER 2007 HIA CSR Victorian Housing Awards – Best Overall Renovation Addition – Anderson House, Mornington.
- WINNER 2007 HIA CSR Victorian Housing Awards – Best Renovation Addition over $500,000 – Anderson House, Mornington
- HIA Year 2005 Winner Best Spec Home to $350,000.
- MBAV Year 2005 Winner Best Display Home over $350,000 Inform “The Breeze”
- HIA Vic Year 2004 Winner Best Project Home over $500,000 Laburnum Street Brighton
- HIA Vic Year 2004 Runner-up Best Display Home between $350,000 and $500,000 for the Inform “Eco”
- HIA Vic Year 2003 - 2004 Best Display Home between $350,000 and $500,000 Inform “Seasons”
- HIA Australia Year 2003 Best Home (all categories) Inform “Urban”
- HIA Australia Year 2003 Best Display Home over $250,000 Inform “Urban”
- HIA Vic Year 2002 Winner Best Display Home over $300,000 Inform “Urban”
- HIA Vic Year 2000 Runner-up Best Display Home over $200,000 Inform “Core”
- HIA Vic Finalist 1999 Best Display Home over $200,000 Inform “Core”
- MBA Runner-up Medium Density Award 1995/96 for a six unit development in Howden Road HMAS Cerberus
- HIA Medium Density Award 1993/94 - 4 Townhouses in Bethune Street Point Lonsdale
- MBA Medium Density Award for 6 townhouses in Ivanhoe
- HIA Finalist Medium Density Award - four units in Watton Street Werribee