Which articles captured everyone's attention in 2017?
1. How to Read a Floor Plan This perennially popular article walks you through the (sometimes mysterious) symbols that you'll find on a house blueprint. Is that thin line indicating a window or a door? Is that a toilet or a sink? Now you'll be able to read a floor plan with confidence.
2. Designs for Narrow Lots Got a skinny piece of land? Learn how to take advantage of the space with tips and smart plans.
3. A New Twist on Prefab Home Design Forget preconceived notions about prefabricated homes looking cheap. A forward-thinking design/build firm is taking prefab in luxurious new directions near Lake Tahoe.
4. Ranch House/Farmhouse Revival Modern farmhouse style continues to capture everyone's imagination for its relaxed, chic feeling. Take a closer look at this rustic (yet totally fresh and modern) design from architect Nicholas Lee.
5. Interior Trim: Scale and Proportion What does it mean to have good proportion? This simple introduction breaks it down for you with rules of thumb for determining the right size of trim elements.
6. Tent Cabins Wouldn't it be fun to have a semi-permanent place for glamping (glamorous camping)? Learn where to shop for the components (and get basic info on pricing) of these neat summer spaces.
7. Interior Trim Styles From Colonial to Modern Here's another article about trim, this one showing you the difference between various architectural styles. Want a breezy ranch feeling? Or perhaps you prefer the dark woods of Craftsman style. Take a look and decide for yourself!