This plan can be customized!
Tell us about your desired changes so we can prepare an estimate for the design service. Click the button to submit your request for pricing, or call 1-800-913-2350 for assistance.
Floor PlansFloor Plan - Main Floor Plan
Full Specs & Features
Exterior Wall Framing
What's included in this plan setSee a sample plan set
- Foundation Plan: Includes detailed information about the foundation layout including concrete walls, footings, pads, posts, beams, bearing walls, and foundation notes. If the home features a basement, the first-floor framing details may also be included on this plan. If your plan features slab construction rather than a basement, the plan shows footings and details for a monolithic slab. This page, or another in the set, may include a sample plot plan for locating your house on a building site. Additional sheets focus on foundation cross-sections and other details. In some instances a designer may only provide what is commonly referred to as a foundation schematic or plumbing plan. These types of drawings only show the footprint of the foundation and do not include foundation construction details.
- Floor Plans: Show the layout of each floor of the house. Rooms and interior spaces are carefully dimensioned and include locations of doors and windows. Plans will also include and markers indicating cross-section details provided elsewhere in the plans if applicable.
- Building Sections: Building sections show changes in floor, ceiling, or roof height, and / or the relationship of one level to another. These sections show how the various parts of the house fit together and are valuable during construction.
- Electrical Plans: The electrical plan offers suggested locations with notes for all lighting, outlets, switches, and some other electrical appliances. A layout is provided for each level, as well as basements, garages, or other structures. This plan does not contain diagrams detailing how all wiring should be run, or how circuits should be engineered. These details should be designed by your electrician.
- Exterior Elevations: In addition to the front exterior, your drawing set will include drawings of the rear and sides of your house as well. These drawings give notes on exterior materials and finishes. Particular attention is given to cornice detail, brick and stone accents, or other finish items that make your home unique.
- Construction Details: Most drawings sets include typical construction details. These details may include the foundation, interior walls, exterior walls, floors, stairways, and / or roof details.
- This plan may have exclusive rights in certain geographic areas
|PDF Set Best Value!||$945.00||PDF plan sets are best for fast electronic delivery and inexpensive local printing.|
|5 Copy Set||$1035.00||5 printed plan sets mailed to you.|
|8 Copy Set||$1071.00||8 printed plan sets mailed to you.|
|CAD Set||$1215.00||For use by design professionals to make substantial changes to your house plan and inexpensive local printing.|
|Crawlspace||$0.00||Ideal for semi-sloped or level lot, home can be built off of grade, typically 18” - 48”.|
|Slab||$135.00||Ideal for level lot, single layer concrete poured directly on grade.|
|Basement||$225.00||Ideal for level lot, lower level of home partially or fully underground.|
|Daylight Basement||$225.00||Ideal for sloping lot, lower level of home partially underground.|
*Options with a fee may take time to prepare. Please call to confirm.
|Right-Reading Reverse||$157.50||Choose this option to reverse your plans and to have the text and dimensions readable. Click here for more information.|
*Options with a fee may take time to prepare. Please call to confirm.
Unless you buy an “unlimited” plan set or a multi-use license you may only build one home from a set of plans. Plans cannot be re-sold.
Meet the Designer - Home Patterns LLC
“We're taking the complication out of creating energy-efficient Craftsman-style home plans and communities. It's an incremental process that homeowners and builders don't have to be afraid of.”
Brooks Ballard founded Home Patterns LLC in 2001. With a Masters in Architecture from Georgia Tech and a Masters in City Design and Social Science from the London School of Economics, he brings a holistic perspective to the design of homes and communities.
Experience working with affordable housing experts to produce inexpensive houses that fit into surrounding bungalow neighborhoods lead Brooks to develop reinvigorated Craftsman style home plans that not only reduce the initial carbon footprints, but also work well in infill construction and newer, small-lot developments. It's a "build green" approach. Home widths are based on 4-foot increments for less waste during construction. Bump outs are kept to a minimum because extra corners are expensive, energy-inefficient, and time consuming to build. Roof lines are simple. Less waste and complication means savings that can be put into energy-efficient appliances, solar power, and/or insulation. Smaller but well functioning living spaces mean less energy is needed over the long haul. A smaller footprint means less valuable land is needed. More compact housing encourages walking and mixed use neighborhoods. This translates into healthier living, more freedom of movement and choice, and less reliance on polluting fossil fuels.
Brooks' home plan packages allow any builder to construct a first class energy-efficient and sustainable Craftsman-style home that's comparable in price to a "normal home." Energy-efficient, green details are called out separately on our Green Sheets so that a builder can learn incrementally. Think of the plan package as an introduction to sustainable design. The builders can learn and incorporate these details at their own pace while realizing the interconnectedness of each system.
Other plans by this designer
|1584 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||42' deep|
|2116 sq ft||4 bed||3 bath|
|2 story||28' wide||50' deep|
|2632 sq ft||5 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||41' wide||51' deep|
|1260 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||30' wide||50' deep|
|1352 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||26' wide||34' deep|
|1590 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||32' wide||62' deep|
|1783 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||26' wide||48' deep|
|2580 sq ft||4 bed||3 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||52' deep|
|2555 sq ft||4 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||29' wide||63' 3" deep|
|2668 sq ft||5 bed||4 bath|
|2 story||28' wide||66' 3" deep|
|1522 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||44' deep|
|2265 sq ft||4 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||50' wide||52' deep|
|2460 sq ft||4 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||30' wide||54' 8" deep|
|1932 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||53' deep|
|1563 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||51' wide||62' deep|
|1260 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||28' wide||32' deep|
|2064 sq ft||4 bed||3 bath|
|2 story||26' wide||50' deep|
|1360 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||20' wide||42' deep|
Need help? Let our friendly experts help you find the perfect plan!
Contact us now for a free consultation.
All sales on house plans and customization/modifications are final. No refunds or exchanges can be given once your order has started the fulfillment process.
All house plans from Houseplans are designed to conform to the local codes when and where the original house was constructed.
In addition to the house plans you order, you may also need a site plan that shows where the house is going to be located on the property. You might also need beams sized to accommodate roof loads specific to your region. Your home builder can usually help you with this. You may also need a septic design unless your lot is served by a sanitary sewer system. Many areas now have area-specific energy codes that also have to be followed. This normally involves filling out a simple form providing documentation that your house plans are in compliance.
In some regions, there is a second step you will need to take to insure your house plans are in compliance with local codes. Some areas of North America have very strict engineering requirements. Examples of this would be, but not limited to, earthquake-prone areas of California and the Pacific Coast, hurricane risk areas of the Florida, Gulf & Carolina Coasts. New York, New Jersey, Nevada, and parts of Illinois require review by a local professional as well. If you are building in these areas, it is most likely you will need to hire a state licensed structural engineer to analyze the design and provide additional drawings and calculations required by your building department. If you aren’t sure, building departments typically have a handout they will give you listing all of the items they require to submit for and obtain a building permit.
Additionally, stock plans do not have a professional stamp attached. If your building department requires one, they will only accept a stamp from a professional licensed in the state where you plan to build. In this case, you will need to take your house plans to a local engineer or architect for review and stamping. In addition, plans which are used to construct homes in Nevada are required to be drawn by a licensed Nevada architect.
Best Price Policy
Some of our plans are also available on other websites and in printed catalogs. We are committed to selling these plans at or below the lowest price available elsewhere. If you find a regularly priced plan (not “on-sale”) for a lower price, we'll beat the advertised price by 5%. We will match the price for any on-sale plans.
Once our staff is able to verify that the same plan is offered at a lower published price, Houseplans will offer the plan for sale at the lower published price less 5%. Our discount is available for immediate plan purchase only. Please call us at 1-800-913-2350.
The advertised item must be the same plan as the product being purchased, including set type (5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD Set), foundation options, and any miscellaneous details. Advertised prices must be in the same currency that the original product was purchased in. Our Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.
Full sets of plans only, such as PDF, 5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD, are eligible for this offer. 1-copy Sets, Study Sets, Additional Sets, Materials Lists are not eligible for this offer.