This plan can be customized!
Tell us about your desired changes so we can prepare an estimate for the design service. Click the button to submit your request for pricing, or call 1-800-913-2350 for assistance.
Full Specs & Features
Exterior Wall Framing
Additional Room Features
What's included in this plan setSee a sample plan set
Donald A. Gardner typically charges $100.00 to review plan changes and prepare an estimate for your modifications.
However, for a limited time, we're cutting that in half to only $49.00! This fee can be applied to your plan purchase once you move forward with the modifications. Please call if you would like to order a Plan Modification quote from the Donald A. Gardner Plan Collection.
Purchasing a CAD set gives you an unlimited build license. All other plan sets, excluding the Single Set for bidding purposes, allow you to build the home one time.
- Cover Sheet - A rendering of the front exterior of the house.
- Foundation Plan - This plan gives the foundation layout, including support walls, excavated and unexcavated areas, if any, foundation notes and details, and floor framing.
- Detailed Floor Plans - These plans show the layout of each floor of the house. Rooms and interior spaces are carefully dimensioned and keys are given for cross-section details provided later in the plans, as well as window and door schedules. These plans may also show the location of kitchen appliances and plumbing fixtures, and may suggest locations for electrical fixtures, switches and outlets.
- Interior Elevations - The interior elevation drawings show a suggested layout design of cabinets, utility rooms, fireplaces, bookcases, built-in units and other special interior features depending on the nature and complexity of the item.
- Roof Plan - The roof plan shows a bird's eye view of the overall layout of the roof, ridges, valleys, and slopes.
- Door and window schedules - Sizes, quantities and descriptions of all doors and windows shown on the plan.
- Exterior Elevations - Included are front, rear, left and right sides of the house. Exterior materials, details and measurements are also given.
- Cross-Section / Wall Section Details - Important changes in floor, ceiling and roof heights or the relationship of one level to another are called out. Also shown, when applicable, are exterior details such as railing and banding.
- Structural Plan - Overall layout and necessary details for the ceiling, second-floor framing (if applicable) and roof construction. If trusses are used, it's suggested that you use a local truss manufacturer to design your trusses to comply with your local codes and regulations.
- Each plan is designed to be consistent with CABO One and Two Family Dwelling Code or the International Residential Code in effect at the time the plan was created. Modifications may be necessary to meet applicable building codes, ordinances, local climatic, and geographical design criteria. Consult a builder, architect or other construction professional as necessary. Manufacturer instructions should be followed for all materials, appliances, and systems. Heating/air conditioning layouts, plumbing pipe layouts, and electrical wiring layouts are not included. Consult a local mechanical contractor for systems suitable for local climate conditions.
|5 Copy Set||$1135.00||5 printed plan sets mailed to you.|
|8 Copy Set||$1200.00||8 printed plan sets mailed to you.|
|PDF Set Best Value!||$1505.00||PDF plan sets are best for fast electronic delivery and inexpensive local printing.|
|Reproducible Set||$1505.00||For inexpensive local printing / making minor adjustments by hand. 1 printed set, typically on Bond paper.|
|CAD Set||$2720.00||For use by design professionals to make substantial changes to your house plan and inexpensive local printing.|
|Crawlspace||$0.00||Ideal for semi-sloped or level lot, home can be built off of grade, typically 18” - 48”.|
|Basement||$315.00||Ideal for level lot, lower level of home partially or fully underground.|
|Slab||$315.00||Ideal for level lot, single layer concrete poured directly on grade.|
*Options with a fee may take time to prepare. Please call to confirm.
|Additional Copies||$60.00/each||Additional hard copies of the plan (can be ordered at the time of purchase and within 90 days of the purchase date).|
|Right-Reading Reverse||$190.00||Choose this option to reverse your plans and to have the text and dimensions readable. Click here for more information.|
|Material List||$80.00||A list of building supplies needed to construct the infrastructure of your new house. Click here for more information.|
*Options with a fee may take time to prepare. Please call to confirm.
Unless you buy an “unlimited” plan set or a multi-use license you may only build one home from a set of plans. Plans cannot be re-sold.
Meet the Designer - Donald A. Gardner Architects
Our goal is to have clients who are completely satisfied, whether they build a cottage or castle.
Since 1978, Donald A. Gardner Architects, Inc. has been revolutionizing the residential design industry. From award-winning pre-designed house plans and modification services to marketing assistance for developers and builders, this full-service residential design firm has long been a recognized leader in the field.
Known as the one of the nation's leading residential architects, Donald A. Gardner, AIA, NCARB has a reputation for designing affordable portfolio plans with custom-styled features. Each plan is a unique interpretation of the classic American home and includes an open floor plan, custom-styled features, and an abundance of amenities in a broad range of square footages. Incorporating the diversity of styles that shape the United States, Gardner portfolio house plans have gained massive appeal to families across the globe. Happy clients nationwide prove that we deliver on our promise - to provide quality designs that fit the lives and budgets of today's homeowners.
Other plans by this designer
|1905 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||65' 4" wide||63' 2" deep|
|1908 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||53' wide||77' 10" deep|
|2381 sq ft||3 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||50' 8" wide||70' 8" deep|
|2817 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|1 story||85' 7" wide||102' 5" deep|
|1974 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||66' wide||62' 10" deep|
|3983 sq ft||4 bed||4.5 bath|
|1 story||95' 1" wide||86' deep|
|2037 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||43' wide||57' 6" deep|
|2353 sq ft||4 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||65' 8" wide||67' 10" deep|
|1617 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||63' 4" wide||50' 8" deep|
|4221 sq ft||5 bed||4 bath|
|2 story||80' 8" wide||78' 10" deep|
|3378 sq ft||5 bed||5 bath|
|1 story||88' 6" wide||77' 4" deep|
|1952 sq ft||4 bed||3 bath|
|1 story||50' wide||60' deep|
|2304 sq ft||4 bed||3 bath|
|1 story||58' 4" wide||69' 8" deep|
|2103 sq ft||3 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||55' wide||62' deep|
|1792 sq ft||3 bed||3 bath|
|1 story||66' 4" wide||62' 4" deep|
Need help? Let our friendly experts help you find the perfect plan!
Contact us now for a free consultation.
All sales on house plans and customization/modifications are final. No refunds or exchanges can be given once your order has started the fulfillment process.
All house plans from Houseplans are designed to conform to the local codes when and where the original house was constructed.
In addition to the house plans you order, you may also need a site plan that shows where the house is going to be located on the property. You might also need beams sized to accommodate roof loads specific to your region. Your home builder can usually help you with this. You may also need a septic design unless your lot is served by a sanitary sewer system. Many areas now have area-specific energy codes that also have to be followed. This normally involves filling out a simple form providing documentation that your house plans are in compliance.
In some regions, there is a second step you will need to take to insure your house plans are in compliance with local codes. Some areas of North America have very strict engineering requirements. Examples of this would be, but not limited to, earthquake-prone areas of California and the Pacific Coast, hurricane risk areas of the Florida, Gulf & Carolina Coasts. New York, New Jersey, Nevada, and parts of Illinois require review by a local professional as well. If you are building in these areas, it is most likely you will need to hire a state licensed structural engineer to analyze the design and provide additional drawings and calculations required by your building department. If you aren’t sure, building departments typically have a handout they will give you listing all of the items they require to submit for and obtain a building permit.
Additionally, stock plans do not have a professional stamp attached. If your building department requires one, they will only accept a stamp from a professional licensed in the state where you plan to build. In this case, you will need to take your house plans to a local engineer or architect for review and stamping. In addition, plans which are used to construct homes in Nevada are required to be drawn by a licensed Nevada architect.
Best Price Policy
Some of our plans are also available on other websites and in printed catalogs. We are committed to selling these plans at or below the lowest price available elsewhere. If you find a regularly priced plan (not “on-sale”) for a lower price, we'll beat the advertised price by 5%. We will match the price for any on-sale plans.
Once our staff is able to verify that the same plan is offered at a lower published price, Houseplans will offer the plan for sale at the lower published price less 5%. Our discount is available for immediate plan purchase only. Please call us at 1-800-913-2350.
The advertised item must be the same plan as the product being purchased, including set type (5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD Set), foundation options, and any miscellaneous details. Advertised prices must be in the same currency that the original product was purchased in. Our Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.
Full sets of plans only, such as PDF, 5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD, are eligible for this offer. 1-copy Sets, Study Sets, Additional Sets, Materials Lists are not eligible for this offer.