2071 sq ft
This plan can be customized!
Tell us about your desired changes so we can prepare an estimate for the design service. Click the button to submit your request for pricing, or call 1-800-913-2350 for assistance.
Full Specs & Features
Exterior Wall Framing
Additional Room Features
Energy Efficient Features
What's included in this plan setSee a sample plan set
House plans created by Free Green give our customers design options that meet or exceed existing energy standards, while giving options in the realm of cost, style, and environmental commitment. As an example, all Free Green homes are designed to perform 30% to 50% better than prescriptive building code energy performance. The level of home performance depends on the products that you choose.
Each Free Green house plan includes:
- LEED for Homes Rating System: Guidelines to meet LEED for Homes certification levels of: Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. LEED for Homes is a national, voluntary certification system, developed by national experts and experienced builders, that promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes and encourages the adoption of sustainable practices by the homebuilding industry. The LEED for Homes Rating System is part of the suite of nationally recognized LEED Green Building Rating Systems administered by USGBC. Like all LEED Rating Systems, it is the market's leadership system, targeting the top 25% of home building practices in terms of environmental responsibility. LEED provides industry resources and tools on how to "green" any new home. With LEED, homebuilders can differentiate their structures as meeting the highest performance measures, and homebuyers can readily identify high quality green homes. LEED provides national consistency in defining the features of a green home, enables builders anywhere in the country to obtain a green rating on their homes, and assures homebuyers of the quality of their purchases, all based on a recognized national brand. Learn more about the LEED® Rating System here.
- Window shading details: External window shading devices are an effective method for reducing heat gains through windows during Summer. In fact, external shading devices can reduce heat gains by up to 80% if sized and built properly. With this in mind, Free Green has created this page to assist home builders in constructing effective window shading devices. The information we provide includes a zoning map of the United States, zoning charts for proper sizing of shading devices and a variety of shading device styles and materials to suite different tastes and different home designs.
- General Notes: Typically one sheet of general notes pertinent to the construction of the home
- Exterior Elevations: A blueprint picture of all four sides showing exterior materials and measurements.
- Foundation Plan: Drawn to 1/4" scale, this page shows all necessary notations and dimensions including support columns, walls and excavated and unexcavated areas.
- Floor Plan(s): Detailed plans, drawn to 1/4" scale for each level showing room dimensions, wall partitions, windows, etc. as well as the location of electrical outlets and switches.
- Interior Elevations: Detailed drawings of kitchen cabinet elevations and other elements as required.
- Cross Section: A vertical cutaway view of the house from roof to foundation showing details of framing, construction, flooring and roofing.
- Wall sections and other construction details: Detailed drawings showing wall connections, from foundation to the roof. wall connections to foundation, window installation, siding installation, stair details, and more.
- Framing Plans: Drawn to 1/4" scale. The framing layout is intended to be a suggested layout only. Design loads & weather conditions vary by region. As a result the size, spacing & layout of all structural elements in this home design must be approved by a structural engineer and code official based on your specific site location prior to construction.
- Electrical Plan with electrical symbols legend: In general, each house plan set includes an electrical plan which will show the locations of lights, receptacles, switches, etc. Note: Most FreeGreen plans have an electrical plan, however some do not. Please contact us to verify.
|PDF Set Best Value!||$837.00||PDF plan sets are best for fast electronic delivery and inexpensive local printing.|
|5 Copy Set||$1037.00||5 printed plan sets mailed to you.|
|CAD Set||$1837.00||For use by design professionals to make substantial changes to your house plan and inexpensive local printing.|
|Study Set||$637.00||One electronic set for bidding purposes only. Not a legal building set for construction.|
|Basement||$0.00||Ideal for level lot, lower level of home partially or fully underground.|
|Crawlspace||$250.00||Ideal for semi-sloped or level lot, home can be built off of grade, typically 18” - 48”.|
|Slab||$250.00||Ideal for level lot, single layer concrete poured directly on grade.|
|Additional Copies||$50.00/each||Additional hard copies of the plan (can be ordered at the time of purchase and within 90 days of the purchase date).|
|Right-Reading Reverse||$150.00||Choose this option to reverse your plans and to have the text and dimensions readable. Click here for more information.|
Unless you buy an “unlimited” plan set or a multi-use license you may only build one home from a set of plans. Plans cannot be re-sold.
We offer a 90% credit when you upgrade from a set, that is not for construction, to a 5-Copy set (or greater).
Meet the Designer - FreeGreen
Our Plans are designed for energy efficiency. The idea is to broaden access to green design.
Houseplans.com is excited to welcome the collection of innovative plans by FreeGreen founders David Wax and Ben Uyeda. These designs range from Contemporary to Country and Farmhouse styles. All incorporate green building materials and techniques.
David and Ben are experts in the field of green design and also co-founded ZeroEnergy Design, an architecture and energy consulting firm specializing in new construction and major renovations. They got their start leading Cornell University's 2005 Solar Decathlon team, which won the second place award. The competition, sponsored by the US Department of Energy, challenges universities from across the US and beyond to research, design and build an 800 square-foot off-grid solar home.
David holds a Bachelor of Science in Finance and a Master of Business Administration from the Johnson School at Cornell University and is an IT consultant for the securities and capital markets. He says: "FreeGreen was able to integrate architecture and engineering software for custom home design, which meant that we could produce green design fast."
Ben holds a Bachelor and Master of Architecture from Cornell University School of Architecture. He has been a visiting lecturer at Cornell, where he developed an original curriculum to teach the principles of sustainable design, and lectures on sustainable design at Northeastern University. His new venture is Home Made Modern: "smart, affordable DIY design ideas for cool people who like modern home furnishings." You can follow Ben's diverse design interests on Pinterest.
Other plans by this designer
|1356 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||72' 5" wide||20' deep|
|891 sq ft||2 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||23' wide||61' deep|
|4279 sq ft||4 bed||2.5 bath|
|2 story||73' 7" wide||44' deep|
|2115 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||52' wide||34' deep|
|2584 sq ft||3 bed||3.5 bath|
|2 story||62' wide||50' deep|
|704 sq ft||1 bed||1 bath|
|1 story||32' wide||22' deep|
|1616 sq ft||2 bed||2 bath|
|2 story||32' wide||50' deep|
|1356 sq ft||3 bed||2 bath|
|1 story||72' 5" wide||20' deep|
|1900 sq ft||3 bed||3 bath|
|2 story||18' wide||54' deep|
Need help? Let our friendly experts help you find the perfect plan!
Contact us now for a free consultation.
All sales on house plans and customization/modifications are final. No refunds or exchanges can be given once your order has started the fulfillment process.
All house plans from Houseplans are designed to conform to the local codes when and where the original house was constructed.
In addition to the house plans you order, you may also need a site plan that shows where the house is going to be located on the property. You might also need beams sized to accommodate roof loads specific to your region. Your home builder can usually help you with this. You may also need a septic design unless your lot is served by a sanitary sewer system. Many areas now have area-specific energy codes that also have to be followed. This normally involves filling out a simple form providing documentation that your house plans are in compliance.
In some regions, there is a second step you will need to take to insure your house plans are in compliance with local codes. Some areas of North America have very strict engineering requirements. Examples of this would be, but not limited to, earthquake-prone areas of California and the Pacific Coast, hurricane risk areas of the Florida, Gulf & Carolina Coasts. New York, New Jersey, Nevada, and parts of Illinois require review by a local professional as well. If you are building in these areas, it is most likely you will need to hire a state licensed structural engineer to analyze the design and provide additional drawings and calculations required by your building department. If you aren’t sure, building departments typically have a handout they will give you listing all of the items they require to submit for and obtain a building permit.
Additionally, stock plans do not have a professional stamp attached. If your building department requires one, they will only accept a stamp from a professional licensed in the state where you plan to build. In this case, you will need to take your house plans to a local engineer or architect for review and stamping. In addition, plans which are used to construct homes in Nevada are required to be drawn by a licensed Nevada architect.
Best Price Policy
Some of our plans are also available on other websites and in printed catalogs. We are committed to selling these plans at or below the lowest price available elsewhere. If you find a regularly priced plan (not “on-sale”) for a lower price, we'll beat the advertised price by 5%. We will match the price for any on-sale plans.
Once our staff is able to verify that the same plan is offered at a lower published price, Houseplans will offer the plan for sale at the lower published price less 5%. Our discount is available for immediate plan purchase only. Please call us at 1-800-913-2350.
The advertised item must be the same plan as the product being purchased, including set type (5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD Set), foundation options, and any miscellaneous details. Advertised prices must be in the same currency that the original product was purchased in. Our Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.
Full sets of plans only, such as PDF, 5-copy, 8-copy, Reproducible, or CAD, are eligible for this offer. 1-copy Sets, Study Sets, Additional Sets, Materials Lists are not eligible for this offer.